Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. We will receive compensation for any items purchased using the links below, at no additional cost to the buyer.
If there’s anything you should know about me and my relationship with food, it’s that I am in LOVE with Asian food. Anything from sushi to wontons to ramen, I can’t get enough of it! One of my first loves of this cuisine was, of course, the potsticker. It wasn’t until recently that I realized I could ditch the bag from the frozen food aisle and just make them myself!
They are super easy to make, only require a few ingredients and taste so effing good! The beauty about making these babies yourself is that you can stuff them with whatever you want. Chicken potstickers were always my favorite so that’s what I’ve decided to share with you all today.
I’ve seen many recipes that just have the green onion and garlic as the “vegetables” but I decided to go a step further and add a cabbage mix to the filling for a bit more texture and extra veg! The mix I went with included cabbage, kale, carrots, broccoli and brussel sprouts. Now, you definitely don’t have to include this but I do feel like it adds to the flavor than just the chicken and onions.
Filling them can get a little sticky but it’s all good in the end. Just have a towel near by for the occasional hand wipe. The pre-made wrappers are so easy to work with and all you need is a bit of water to seal. Some like to use an egg wash, but really, you don’t have to be that extra. Water works just fine! Then finally, frying them is a breeze! They cook super fast and yes, thoroughly! Don’t worry about your postickers being undercooked. By the time the wrapper gets that beautiful golden brown color, the filling is cooked to perfection!
And that’s it! Garnish with some more green onion and sesame seeds and serve with a banging sauce. Guaranteed to be one of your best go-to apps!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup cabbage mix
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 30 round wonton wrappers
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for fryingInstructions
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Place about 1 tablespoon of chicken filling on a wonton wrapper. Wet your fingers with water and rub around the edge of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over and press the edges gently to seal. Repeat until all of the filling is used. It should yield about 30 potstickers.
- Heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Fry potstickers in a single layer until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with soy sauce or sweet chili sauce.DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 26-30 potstickers
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar