Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. We will receive compensation for any items purchased using the links below, at no additional cost to the buyer.
If you’re looking for a last minute Thanksgiving recipe, I wanted to share with you a recipe that has been in my family for many years! Corn soufflé is something that always brings back the best memories. It came from my late great aunt who made this her signature dish during the holidays. It was always one of my favorites!
This recipe is very similar to corn pudding, but even those vary from recipe to recipe. You could call the consistency close to a soft, moist cornbread but even that does not describe it perfectly so we call it a soufflé because its texture resembles that of one: light, airy, soft and moist.
I sometimes like to play around with the sweetness level of this recipe and I encourage you to adjust it to your liking. Since the muffin mix is already sweetened, you can leave out the additional sugar. But just know that the sweetness level will be a a tad less than an actual corn muffin. This because of the added ingredients like sour cream. Jiffy is typically the corn muffin mix used in these recipes, but I prefer to use Krusteas honey cornbread mix. With that I sometimes add a tablespoon or two more sugar to give it a little more love!
This is super easy to throw together as you will see. I recommend baking them in muffin tins if your looking to significantly cut down on cook time! I’m cutting this post super short because, if you’re like me it’s about time to start prepping for the meal! Hope you all enjoy this and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 8.5 oz corn muffin mix*
- 1-2 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp melted butter (cooled)Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, butter and eggs. Gradually stir in muffin mix. Finally, fold in corn and sour cream. Be careful not to over mix ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish or muffin tin. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes for 9x13 casserole dish or 20-25 minutes for muffin tin.DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8-10 servings
Skill Level: Easy
* You can use one box of Jiffy (8.5 oz), your favorite cornbread/corn muffin mix or follow the recipe below:
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup raw sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt